A blog about anything and everything!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Liverpool FC, history or future?

Thursday, March 22, 2012 Posted by Alexander Lucas 1 comment
Carling Cup winner, in the final 4 of the FA Cup and a chance to grab a second title of the season, surely that has to be a success when it comes down to it?

In some way it would be, but as a supporter of Liverpool FC I would have mixed feelings about the season as a whole, sure a title is what we play for, but at this point me and what I figure most other Liverpool supporters want, is to be a title contender in the Premier League and to be able to once again fight in the Champions League.

Some might say it´s about getting back where LFC belong, and as a brand Liverpool surely belong among the biggest names and clubs, but at the moment they do not belong there when it comes to quality and skill.

Having bought players for more money than most clubs I feel as a supporter you are entitled to have expectations when it comes to results and performances, and seeing as Liverpool this year has not proven to be a team worthy of a top 4 finish I feel that there is something that need to be changed, and I will cut it down for you to give you my thoughts on everything Liverpool.

The Brand/Club Liverpool has as long as I´ve been alive always been something you could connect to glory, fair play, historic, a brand that every little boy knew when they grew up and kicked ball in the streets, and a club that had respect from all its peers and a club most footballers would be proud to represent.

This is something that is changing more and more, and especially the last few years with results faining and kicking managers mid seasons, and with the latest scandals regarding the Suarez issue, something the club handled WAY WRONG.

Only the future can tell, but I feel as the current owners of Liverpool is a great fit and at the moment I hope and pray that they will stay on for many years to come.

The youth Academy has always been one of LFC´s strongest assets and seeing as we have Martin Kelly and Jay Spearing in the regular 11 more and more this proves it is still an Academy to rely on.

Even though I love Anfield and the great atmosphere that I´ve experienced there every time I think that another stadium or a rebuilding of Anfield is a must in order to get more capacity and become modern again.

Now to the section that might be called ”pointing fingers”, but I still need to get it off my chest and see if I am totally wrong or if someone might share my thoughts.

When it comes to all of our new players I will only comment on those that I think has done a good or bad job at the club.

José Enrique has been great for us, even though he has some flaws in his defensive work, I feel him to be a vital part of LFC for years to come.

Charlie Adam was flawless in Blackpool and has not yet gotten to the same level this season, not that I think anyone thought that to be possible, but we all had higher hopes for him, but I think that alot of this is a function of not getting a defined role in midfield, and being forced to roam around alot.

Jordan Henderson has many years ahead of him in Premier League football, but what he has shown us this season I really do not see a future for him in Liverpool, and this is maybe a little of the same as for Adam.

Craig Bellamy, absolute perfection in his performances and I think he has surprised more than me this year, and I would like to keep him in the club as a rotation player. He always get´s the  ball moving and is a pain in the neck for alot of defenders, both verbally and physically.

Stuart Downing has been a real letdown this year, and I never saw the greatness in him before he came to LFC either, and seeing him this year I see a player that does not have the skill or will to perform as he need to in order to have a starting 11 place.

Andy Carroll started off looking heavy and out of shape and hence he got alot of time on the bench.
He looks to be in better shape in recent and has shown more on the pitch in his latest showings than before, but he really needs to step up his game in order to have a place in Liverpool, and I do not see LFC getting even close to a good penny for him if they plan on selling him.

Luis Suarez is the player I´ve seen most of from all the signings, and even though he has made alot of stupid things I can see him having a future in Liverpool, but I think he need to stop with alot of his antics, when it comes to showing his disappointment when not getting the ball, and theatrics close to the penalty area.
The strange thing is that he has not gotten more goals, since he was to be the big goalscorer LFC needed. He is always in and around the area and creating alot of chances and giving balls to others, but I still would like to see more goals from his own two feets.

When it comes to Kenny Dalglish I really doubt that Kenny is the man to bring LFC to glory in the Premier League or Europe, I think he is a great man for moral and to keep everything fun and relaxed at the club, but I see so many spots where he lacks the ability to coach LFC.

LFC has in the late had Hodgson and now Kenny, both are coaches that has a coaching style that is suitable for top english football in the 90´s, but way behind when you look at todays football, and if you compare it to a man like Alex Ferguson who is older than most living people he has been on top of modern football for ages and that way gone with the flow of changes in style and tactics.

So to sum it up I think Liverpool in order to become a club for the future and not a team of history need to get rid of a few players in the squad (and maybe getting a few new) and get a manager that has more control of coaching/managing a team in modern football and that would like to stay for years to come.

Feel free to share your thoughts and comments.

/Jinxen

1 comment:

  1. Orkar inte skriva på engelska. Tror att dom skiter i ligan den här säsongen nu när dom har halkat efter och har en europaleague plats klart efter cupvinsten (tror jag). Man har för få spelare som håller riktig klass en hel säsong. Man saknar en målspruta. Deffensiven funkar ju bra oftast men framåt har dom riktiga problem. Men mot topplagen spelar dom bra, som vanligt. Finns hopp med en annan tränare. Varför inte med t.ex Brendan Rodgers, Swanseas manager, fast han har nyligen förlängt med dom. Och för övrigt så har Craig Bellamy varit fantastiskt bra, synd för Pool att han inte har kunnat spela fler matcher.

    ReplyDelete