A blog about anything and everything!

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

I am still alive, I think

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 Posted by Alexander Lucas No comments


Hello everyone!

After some drama in regards to where I should write, I decided to keep trying to explore my mind and share my thoughts here instead of at Pokerskull or Poker.se for the time being, but I might move again later...


Malta in July is what you could call heaven and hell. 

For people that love to go swimming or laying around on the beach it would be called heaven, well that is if you can find a nice beach of course, I think there are 2 or 3.

For a fat lazy sun-shy Swede who is in the hunt for an apartment to live in, it could be called hell. 

Malta has a huge amount of apartments that is bought for the purpose of being rented out to tourists like me, however during the summer the amount of people coming to the island makes it hard to find a place. 

There will always be a customer that is willing to pay that extra high rent that they are advertising, and I understand that they are not up to negotiating the prices since 2 hours later they have got another customer that accepts it.


Of course you always have the option to rent something further away from the St Julians and Sliema area, which are the two areas that are most popular for tourists, and also the area me myself is working in, and I prefer to live close to work. 

If I would decide to live further away I had to get myself a car and pay extra for that as well, including insurance, gas and the fact of buying a car, so in the end that might be just as expensive. 


I have now found a small studio apartment that I will be moving into, the question is just when?

Since it is brand new, this comes with problems here in Malta, since the Maltese are not a people that like to adapt to the deadline that some people want them to.
The owner told me “It will be ready by Friday for sure”, and 2 days later when I talked with him the answer was “Yeah I hope it is ready for you to move in by Tuesday next week”, and that is the way it works.

I was hoping I could find a few pictures and show you some of how big the difference is now during summer, and a bit later, for example from October and towards new year, when I will start looking again for a bigger place, preferably with a view, and not just staying in this bunker that I will be moving into, soon?


I will update as soon as I have moved in to the new apartment and gotten internet up and running, which I would guess would be in 3-4 weeks or something. 

Below you see some pictures of the studio apartment I will be living in BEFORE it was furnished, I will post pictures of it once I moved in as well. 




Until then, have a good day or two all of you. 

Regards,
Jonas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment