A blog about anything and everything!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Squatting a shit!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 Posted by Alexander Lucas No comments
I am now currently staying in the new studio apartment which in a way is all good and nice, at least it is cheaper than a hotel.

However there are things that still bug the fuck out of me, for example the fact that up until today I have been without a blackout curtain to stop the daylight from disturbing me when I try and sleep. Or the lack of shower curtain which makes the entire bathroom floor wet when having a shower.

But the most annoying thing is that the toilet seat is set on the height that is suitable for a midget, dwarf or little person, whichever is more PC to say.
You can see the picture below (I put a box of milk in front as to show you the comparison), and you tell me if you think it is normal to have a leg workout every time you plan to take a shit…


Oh yeah, I am posting this from work, as I need to come early to work so I can do some internet stuff, as I still do not have internet access in the apartment, and this is all thanks to the electrician that has stuffed all the pipes for cables.

And the Melita guy could not get the cable through, so now I have asked the landlord to get him back here and sort that shit out, as I will not be staying in a place without internet for a long time, that is for sure.



I did meet up with the old landlord and settled everything and had hopes of getting my deposit back, which of course ended up me getting shafted and screwed out of €600, yeah that is just what I needed when I have €15 to my name. Oh well, it’s only a couple of weeks until payday…

Thankfully I have great friends and family that always show up when I need them, and I really and truly thank you all, and if I can ever be there for any of them I would not hesitate if I could help.

I did have plans to try and move out of this place as soon as I could find a better and cheaper one, but at the moment my mental capacity is working on 35% or something like that, and not really feeling up to making long term plans.

After all, I pay €550/month rent, plus €50/month for utilities in this place, and as you can see on the pictures, it’s not that big at all.

The truth is that with a bit of patience and timing, you could find a nice penthouse or a 2-3 bedroom apartment with modern finish for the same price, if not even cheaper, and to be honest it’s always nice to have a spare room if someone decides to come by for a visit.

I will just have to take things slow, and like the people in AA say, “One day at the time” and see where it goes from there.



Since the whole ordeal with the delay with the apartment getting ready and me staying in a hotel, I’ve been forced to take a bit longer break from poker, since I had to spend so much fucking money in a short time, but hopefully I can get back into it soon, and try to qualify for Battle Of Malta which will be held in November.

Battle of Malta was fun last year, if we count away my own performance that is.
However it was nice to see a lot of familiar faces from Sweden coming down to play, and as it looks this year there will be a whole bunch coming down again.

Last year a few of us went to a wine tasting, something that did not end up being what we expected, but what the hell, at least we got to see each other a bit.

I will see if I can come up with something better for us to do this year, perhaps look into renting a boat or two and go out on the sea for a day and go down to Marsaxlokk to eat some fresh fish.

From what I understand it is not extremely expensive to rent a boat, and going around the island should not take too long.

The only question is how difficult it is to maneuver the boat on the sea, since none of us has any clue on where it would be ok to go, or not.

I will look into it and see if possible, as I think at least some of the people from Gävle are up for a bit of an adventure, and hopefully there will be some sun so we can pull it off.


Hopefully my next post here will be made from home and my internet is up and running, but I would not get my hopes up, after all this is not the way things work here.

I wrote this post in short spurts over a few days and I have no idea if stuff makes sense when reading, but what the heck, hopefully you get the general idea on how stuff are for the moment.


Below you can see a picture of how the studio look, as well as my amazing view from my prison window. 


/Jonas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment